Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sara Seggie

I have a real humdigger of a cold tonight -- so, I was really happy when I opened up my email and found mosaic artist, Sara Seggie, had sent me photos of her amazing wall hangings. Sara creates all her art pieces with "intuition and passion", using machine and hand rolled glass of many colours and textures. She then cuts the glass into various shapes and sizes, arranges them, and bonds them to an MDF surface that is bonded to plywood. Once the glass is well bonded, it is grouted and polished, and all set for wall display. Here are a few of Sara's beautiful art pieces. And, if you'd like to see more, The Collection http://www.collectionbar56.com/
-- a great little martini lounge in the Byward Market -- has some of her pieces on display, too. Sounds good to me: great martinis and great art. Can't go wrong there! (BTW, Sara's reachable at saraseggie@gmail.com)





No comments: